Westminster's 荣誉学院 was founded in 1986 as a small program offering an enhanced educational experience to academically talented and highly motivated students. It is now the premiere academic experience on Westminster’s campus for high-achieving 在课堂内外表现优异的学生. 这是荣誉课程的核心 is a core of specially designed classes where you’ll engage in lively discussions 和你的同学和教授.
We invite students into a challenging journey of developing their voices, sharing those voices, and learning to hear the voices of others.
To cultivate a community of diverse voices through genuine curiosity, intentional reflection, authentic conversation, and interdisciplinary inquiry to engage the challenges of a complex world with courage, creativity, and compassion.
of incoming first-year 荣誉 students receive a scholarship
faculty recipients of the Gore Excellence in Teaching Award
- Develop confidence in your abilities to understand and discuss complex ideas and texts 通过跨学科的视角.
- Engage in problem-solving and research design with guidance from faculty mentors.
- Strengthen your writing and communication skills in intensive, discussion-based seminars.
- Master the ability to work effectively in groups of diverse people.
- Make connections between disciplines in classes team-taught by two professors from 不同的教育背景.
- 应用 new knowledge and skills in meaningful ways in your educational, professional, 个人生活.
"In the 荣誉学院, success is in how you can collaborate with other people, admit when you make mistakes, and bounce ideas off your team to find the right answer. 荣誉 让你找到自己的声音."
妮可在秘鲁出生和长大. Being a woman was one of the biggest disadvantages she faced within the education system there, as women aren’t encouraged or supported 加入STEM领域. For 妮可, a woman who has loved science since she was a 小姑娘，这可是个大挫折. 她开始研究美国的学校 States and, when she stumbled upon liberal arts colleges, she fell in love with the 文理结合的理念. 巴黎人官方下载的文科经验 对妮可来说，这是一个显而易见的选择.
妮可 is continuing her love of studying science as a PhD candidate in physics at 华盛顿大学. 路易.
Tucked among the trees on the bank of Emigration Creek, Nunemaker地方 is the official 荣誉学院所在地. With a variety of distinctive spaces, Nunemaker is always busy with students lounging, studying, reading, and engaging in discussions of their 最新的挑战性荣誉文本. 在这里，你还可以找到 学院员工.
Throughout the year, 荣誉 students come together to take part in 许多荣誉传统 held in Nunemaker地方—from the much-anticipated Monte Carlo Night when students and faculty face off for ultimate bragging rights, to the end-of-semester Dead Paper Society where students gather around the fire on Nunemaker’s back porch to burn copies 那些他们不想再看到的文件.
An expert on 荣誉 education, 荣誉学院 Dean Richard Badenhausen regularly publishes essays in journals and monographs on issues of interest to the national 荣誉 community.
- 荣誉教育能惠及更多学生吗? (高等教育内幕)
- Everything 关于 How We Evaluate Teaching Needs a Makeover (的 Chronicle of Higher 教育)
- 荣誉 as a Force for Change (NCHC Presidential Address)
- 的 Value of 荣誉 at Westminster (co-authored with President Steve Morgan)